Análisis de ciclo de vida simplificado aplicado a viviendas de paneles SIP (structural insulated panels)

Juan Pablo Cárdenas, Edmundo Muñoz, Cristian Riquelme, Francisco Hidalgo

Resultado de la investigación: Article

3 Citas (Scopus)

Resumen

As environmental issues become increasingly important, the buildings have focused on energy efficiency and energy needed for the construction and production of material. This research shows a simplified life cycle analysis study of operational and embodied energy of four new houses located in Temuco - Chile, structured with SIP (Structural insulated panel), in order to quantify the energy at each stage of this construction system. To obtain embodied energy were used two international databases in order to quantify the energy of each material, and the energy contained in the process relating with structure SIP was determined through measures in a company specializing in SIP construction. For the operational energy, computational models were carried out with Design Builder software, and this energy was projected at 50 years lifespan. The analysis of the data obtained show that the energy contained by construction processes represents about 1.7% of embodied energy, while the total embodied energy represents 11% of the total life cycle energy of houses, the remaining 89% represents the energy of occupation. On the other hand, we observe that SIP houses generate figures close to 60% savings in energy demand, compared to a masonry houses commonly built in this city.

Idioma originalSpanish
Páginas (desde-hasta)33-38
Número de páginas6
PublicaciónRevista Ingenieria de Construccion
Volumen30
N.º1
EstadoPublished - 1 abr 2015

Huella dactilar

Life cycle
Software design
Energy efficiency
Industry

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Civil and Structural Engineering
  • Building and Construction

Citar esto

Cárdenas, Juan Pablo ; Muñoz, Edmundo ; Riquelme, Cristian ; Hidalgo, Francisco. / Análisis de ciclo de vida simplificado aplicado a viviendas de paneles SIP (structural insulated panels). En: Revista Ingenieria de Construccion. 2015 ; Vol. 30, N.º 1. pp. 33-38.
@article{5b5539a0b5884606ad5dd403a9b3aa23,
title = "An{\'a}lisis de ciclo de vida simplificado aplicado a viviendas de paneles SIP (structural insulated panels)",
abstract = "As environmental issues become increasingly important, the buildings have focused on energy efficiency and energy needed for the construction and production of material. This research shows a simplified life cycle analysis study of operational and embodied energy of four new houses located in Temuco - Chile, structured with SIP (Structural insulated panel), in order to quantify the energy at each stage of this construction system. To obtain embodied energy were used two international databases in order to quantify the energy of each material, and the energy contained in the process relating with structure SIP was determined through measures in a company specializing in SIP construction. For the operational energy, computational models were carried out with Design Builder software, and this energy was projected at 50 years lifespan. The analysis of the data obtained show that the energy contained by construction processes represents about 1.7{\%} of embodied energy, while the total embodied energy represents 11{\%} of the total life cycle energy of houses, the remaining 89{\%} represents the energy of occupation. On the other hand, we observe that SIP houses generate figures close to 60{\%} savings in energy demand, compared to a masonry houses commonly built in this city.",
keywords = "Construction materials, Embodied energy, Environmental assessment, Life cycle assessment, Operational building energy",
author = "C{\'a}rdenas, {Juan Pablo} and Edmundo Mu{\~n}oz and Cristian Riquelme and Francisco Hidalgo",
year = "2015",
month = "4",
day = "1",
language = "Spanish",
volume = "30",
pages = "33--38",
journal = "Revista Ingenieria de Construccion",
issn = "0716-2952",
publisher = "Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Departamento de Ingenieria y Gestion de la Construccion",
number = "1",

}

Análisis de ciclo de vida simplificado aplicado a viviendas de paneles SIP (structural insulated panels). / Cárdenas, Juan Pablo; Muñoz, Edmundo; Riquelme, Cristian; Hidalgo, Francisco.

En: Revista Ingenieria de Construccion, Vol. 30, N.º 1, 01.04.2015, p. 33-38.

Resultado de la investigación: Article

TY - JOUR

T1 - Análisis de ciclo de vida simplificado aplicado a viviendas de paneles SIP (structural insulated panels)

AU - Cárdenas, Juan Pablo

AU - Muñoz, Edmundo

AU - Riquelme, Cristian

AU - Hidalgo, Francisco

PY - 2015/4/1

Y1 - 2015/4/1

N2 - As environmental issues become increasingly important, the buildings have focused on energy efficiency and energy needed for the construction and production of material. This research shows a simplified life cycle analysis study of operational and embodied energy of four new houses located in Temuco - Chile, structured with SIP (Structural insulated panel), in order to quantify the energy at each stage of this construction system. To obtain embodied energy were used two international databases in order to quantify the energy of each material, and the energy contained in the process relating with structure SIP was determined through measures in a company specializing in SIP construction. For the operational energy, computational models were carried out with Design Builder software, and this energy was projected at 50 years lifespan. The analysis of the data obtained show that the energy contained by construction processes represents about 1.7% of embodied energy, while the total embodied energy represents 11% of the total life cycle energy of houses, the remaining 89% represents the energy of occupation. On the other hand, we observe that SIP houses generate figures close to 60% savings in energy demand, compared to a masonry houses commonly built in this city.

AB - As environmental issues become increasingly important, the buildings have focused on energy efficiency and energy needed for the construction and production of material. This research shows a simplified life cycle analysis study of operational and embodied energy of four new houses located in Temuco - Chile, structured with SIP (Structural insulated panel), in order to quantify the energy at each stage of this construction system. To obtain embodied energy were used two international databases in order to quantify the energy of each material, and the energy contained in the process relating with structure SIP was determined through measures in a company specializing in SIP construction. For the operational energy, computational models were carried out with Design Builder software, and this energy was projected at 50 years lifespan. The analysis of the data obtained show that the energy contained by construction processes represents about 1.7% of embodied energy, while the total embodied energy represents 11% of the total life cycle energy of houses, the remaining 89% represents the energy of occupation. On the other hand, we observe that SIP houses generate figures close to 60% savings in energy demand, compared to a masonry houses commonly built in this city.

KW - Construction materials

KW - Embodied energy

KW - Environmental assessment

KW - Life cycle assessment

KW - Operational building energy

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=84928784883&partnerID=8YFLogxK

M3 - Artículo

AN - SCOPUS:84928784883

VL - 30

SP - 33

EP - 38

JO - Revista Ingenieria de Construccion

JF - Revista Ingenieria de Construccion

SN - 0716-2952

IS - 1

ER -